Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Big Smoke

Smokey
On August 19, 2008, Smokey  Davis let go of the hands of friends on this side and grabbed the hand of his Lord and Savior.  Smokey was bigger than life in so many ways.  He was a thinker, a philosopher, a dreamer, a planner and Smokey had the expertise to see a dream come true.  Smokey loved the land, the stars, and the moon that God created.  Smokey loved his country.  He loved his family.  The very most important quality was his sincere interest in each of his friends. He had the gift of making everyone believe that you were his best friend.

His Southern charm and Deep South hospitality was what first attracted me to Smokey. Smokey loved to cook and he could throw a great party.  My family and friends were always welcome at the cabin.

Smokey's cabin was nestled in the woods with a beautiful view of the lake filled to the brim with bass and brim.On the big screen porch, over looking the lake, were comfy wicker rockers, and a fabulous porch swing.  From the porch you could watch long horn cattle grazing, native flowers blooming, and pine trees growing, and listen to the many country sounds of nature. The spare room was a gun room to hold the guns and ammunition that Smokey valued.  After my sister died, I came home to a beautiful memory garden for Susan. This was the place I called home and shared with Smokey.

Never a day goes by that I don't remember Smokey. We had so many good times.  Loving Smokey Davis will be a treasure I will hold in my heart forever. When I look in the night sky and see Smoke Circles I remember Smokey.  I miss you Big Smoke!
#lifeisgrandatcampgane

No comments:

Post a Comment